Saturday, October 11, 2008

1st Day Here - Aberfolye Scotland


Hello Everyone,



Finally made it to the town of Aberfoyle which is about an hour north of Glasgow. The flights were fine, long with no sleep (except for on the benches at my gate in Amsterdam - fun..). It was a nice day here today - sunny and in the 50s. This is a cool little town with mountains all around and a nice downtown area. One fun thing to do is visit the falconer who has some very cool birds of prey. Last year I got to hold a red tail hawk and this year I picked the eagle owl (a huge owl with red eyes). His name was Henry which I thought was pretty funny. I then hiked up to an overlook to watch the sunset. I am running on vapors and need to eat and go to sleep!






I was hoping to add some pictures in this evening but forgot the memory cards up the hill and dont feel like getting them so tomorrow I will add in some images . Tomorrow is a long drive up to Wester Ross where we will be based for the rest of the week. I am crossing my fingers for good weather.


Note - added in some images from yesterday...









Have a good evening all and a big thanks to Amy who is manning my art show booth for two days at Crane Fest - fun fun...








7 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you are having fun! I miss you very much!! Can't wait to see some pics tomorrow! xoxoxoxo

Amy said...

Sounds like you are having fun! I miss you very much!! Can't wait to see some pics tomorrow! xoxoxoxo

Hannah said...

I HOPE UR HAVING FUN I LUV U VERY MUCH. AND IT DOES SOUND LIKE YOUR HAVING FUN SORRY ABOUT THE WEATHER CANT WAIT TO READ AND SEE MORE TOMORROW MISS U LUV YA XOXOXOXO

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOOOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXX

Hannah said...

HAVE FUN ON THE REST OF UR TRIP U MADE A SICK GIRLS DAY ( UR SICK DAUGHTER ANYWAY.) LUV YA XOXOXOXOXXOO

Edward Weiland Photography said...

I want to see you give the Owl a kiss!!!

Francie said...

We gotta get together and share our shots -- you Scotland and my Sweden/Finland. Based on your blog shots, we look for similar things...only you're WAY better at it! Work keeps on keeping on --hope you're enjoying the time away. Francie

Hannah said...

hows ur trip?? great pictures and luv the blog!!!!!!!!!!

luv ya xxxxooooxoxoxoxoxo